Increase your manufacturing efficiency and measurement throughput!
BuildIT Desktop is a CAD-to-part inspection software that enables quick and easy dimensional verification of manufactured parts and assemblies for tool building, assembly, alignment, process automation, reverse engineering and quality control. BuildIT’s advanced analysis and reporting capabilities combine measurement data from multiple sources to produce detailed graphical and textual reports that are used to quickly identify manufacturing and production trends. With both numerical and graphical feedback of real-time deviations, BuildIT allows users to position parts with micrometer accuracy for high-precision assembly and alignment applications.
Key features include CAD-to-part inspection, GD&T analysis, creation of custom automated processes and generation of extensive reports. The software interfaces in real-time with a variety of probing and scanning measurement devices from all major hardware vendors, enabling the quick and efficient acquisition of dimensional information from a tool or part. BuildIT directly reads 3D CAD files from native or neutral formats, as well as GD&T, FTA and NX-PMI assembly level data for model-based inspection and assembly. In addition, BuildIT imports measured point data from external sources for maximum compatibility.
+ CAD-to-Part Graphical inspection
- Surface and curve deviation plotting with tolerance-based or rainbow color scales
- Graphical reports with user-defined call-outs or tabular reports
- Automatic probe radius compensation
+ Geometry/Feature Evaluation
- Geometry-based feature inspection with real-time deviation feedback
- Conventional dimensional-tolerance inspection
- Analysis tools for feature fitting to point clouds.
+ Model-based GD&T inspection
- Model-based GD&T inspection with support for MEA, DML, and AIMS import/export
- Color-coded tolerance call-outs indicate pass-fail conditions on the display
- Use predefined measurement plans or measure closest feature to the probe
+ Reporting and annotation
- Customizable tabular and graphical reports in PDF and Excel formats
- Measure distances, angles and deviations directly on the model
- Graphical call-outs for points, curves and surface deviation, distances and angles
- Device alignment reports
- Geometry fit and comparison to nominal report
- GD&T reporting with evaluation of tolerances
+ Archaive Measurement Projects
- Measurement data and details are all recorded in a single database
- Fully traceable measurement processes
- Retrieve inspection projects years later to reconstruct and understand previous work
+ Laser tracker measurement
- ADM and IFM-based measurement
- Multiple home management
- Routine calibration checks (backsight/two-face, closure)
- Level (gravity) measurements
- On-board weather station support
+ Measurement methods
- Live measurements to the nominal CAD model surfaces, curves and points
- Point probing, scanning and cross-section based scanning
- Tooling ball, ball-bar, fit-point, circle-point, mid-point and hidden-point measurement
- Automated stable point triggers for hands-free operation
- Support for remote controls to drive interactive measurement
- Real-time geometric feature measurement with live feedback
- Trigger cross-section measurements automatically, by time or by distance
- Visual feedback from measure controls and digital read-outs
- Real-time graphical feedback during measurement shows probe location and measurements
- Temperature compensation for scale
- Fitting of Lines, Circles, Planes, Spheres, Cylinders, and Cones with complete PDF reports
+ Graphical model-based tool building
- Graphical build arrows and live digital read-outs show you how to move details into position
- Build to CAD geometry and tooling points in real-time
- As you probe the assembly see instant live deviations to point, surfaces or curves
- Build assemblies without hard tooling through the use of 3D build
+ Alignment to Design Geometry
- Best-fit alignments (points, surfaces and curves)
- Datum-based alignments
- Device scaling due to temperature variations
- Multiple devices with unique alignments and leap-frogging
+ Multiple Device Support
- Combining the use of laser trackers with portable arms in a single process
- Quickly switch between them with a single click of a mouse
+ Instant productivity
BuildIT Desktop is easy to learn and to use, resulting in a faster inspection cycle and greater overall productivity because it implements:
- A friendly user interface
- Color coded graphical reporting
- Graphical annotations that contain the results from an inspection
- Browse and select model objects graphically, from a tree view or a spreadsheet
+ Multi-Device Support
- A common interface enables operation teams to reduce investment and training with software, and promotes greater flexibility for working with multiple devices
- The same measurement process is followed with a single measurement device which will produce consistent data and results for each separate device
- Real-time visual feedback enables efficient hands-free or remote control measurement. Routine measurement can be automated for complete process control and productivity.
+ Intuitive 3D Workflow
BuildIT removes the need for spreadsheet calculations and the use of manual gauges by digitally collecting, sharing and analyzing inspection information. Inspection data is embedded in the 3D model, eliminating the potential for error caused by misinterpretation and mistranslation of information. Results are easy to share and communicate enterprise-wide.
+ Cost-effective Decision Making
Interactive on-screen inspection feedback enables quick decision making and saves production spending before out-of-tolerance components move through assembly. Comprehensive graphical and textual reporting enables thorough analysis of complex information, helping to identify and resolve manufacturing issues early in the process and at lower cost. Complete inspection information is archived in a single database to be retrieved and reviewed days, weeks or years later.
+ Greater Team Collaboration
Thorough, easy-to-understand reports, including color-coded charts and GD&T, where information is easily shared and communicated enterprise-wide.
BuildIT seamlessly supports native 3D models from CATIA®, NX and other design software. BuildIT encourages greater communication between engineering and the shop floor. Different teams collaboratively implement design changes with direct part-to-model comparisons.